Check out my Review page instead of the post for an updated review on Online Stores ^^

Monday 20 August 2012

Drama rant #17: Remake Special; GTO '12 & To The Beautiful You

Annyeong ^^

Doing another drama rant after a looong time ^^
This rant will be about the Japanese remake GTO '12 and the Korean remake To The Beautiful You
So if you want to know more you'll have to

Okay, so I'm currently watching GTO '12 whenever there's a new episode with subs out. This drama is a Japanese remake of the Japanese drama GTO (duh) and if people have seen Hana Kimi and Japans remake of their own drama you'll know you won't expect something from this drama. At least that's what I thought before I started to watch it. (And because GTO is such an AWESOME drama from the beginning I had to watch the remake) But from the first episode this remake has been AWESOME! I love how they kept the story but made it work in this time (because the original drama is 13 years old it would be weird if they didn't change it). By this I mean that this drama is pretty much the same as the original but with some changes to match the current time era. I love the actor who plays Onizuka and I think the students are pretty good too. (But Haruhi (Kawaguchi Haruna) is a witch T_T (not literally) and Tamaki (Yamamoto Yusuke) is so funny xD (Yes, it is Ouran references)). Currently I have nothing to complain about this remake. I think this is probably THE best Remake I've seen to be honest (I've only seen 7 episodes yet).

Not like To The Beautiful You (Korea's remake of Hana Kimi). I've only seen two episodes and it sure beats Hana Kimi Remake (it's named that ><). But it's a bit too star focused and too luxurious (but it is after all SM Entertainment we're talking about). Poor Hyunwoo has a horrible hairdo T-T and no friends, Kwanghee is pure evil (and they say that he's Nakao's counterpart T-T). Sulli is good. I didn't think she would be able to do a good job because she seems a bit too girly but she's actually good. The rest of the students are missing the comradeship and none of the dorm's chases after Sulli. It's like if they only took the story "the girl dresses as a boy to get the boy to start jumping again" and left everything else. It doesn't feel right if you do a remake and just leave half of the story (that's probably why the Hana Kimi Remake sucked too). A remake is (for me, but maybe I've misunderstood the concept of a remake) that you take the story and just modify it a bit to either not make it to alike the first production or to make it work in the time and space you are in. Maybe that is what SM have tried to do, but it just made the drama loose the heart that was found in the first Japanese Hana Kimi.
I'm disappointed in this drama and I'm not sure if I'm gonna finish it. But since I watched the Hana Kimi Remake to the tenth episode (out of eleven) I might as well watch the two episodes that will be out this week and then decide.

Yeah, that's what I had to say ^^ Someday soon I'm gonna watch Seo Inguk and Hoya's drama :) I just have to!! :D

Annyeong ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Since 23/09 - 11
By Cecilia
About Kpop, Cpop, Jpop, Kdrama, Jdrama & Tdrama

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP